First released in 1999 CopySafe Web has provided secure copy protection for all media until the release of the ArtistScope Site Protection System (ASPS) in 2014. ASPS provides the most secure protection for web pages and any media displayed on them via use of the ArtistScope web browser. However CopySafe Web can be used in any web browser, that is, up until late 2015 when all popular web browsers dropped support for real plugins. Browser versions earlier than late 2015 will still support real plugins but today only the ArtistScope web browser can be used for secure web site protection.
Many clients are still using CopySafe Web as it can lend itself to protecting any web page by simply adding a few lines of code to display a small encrypted image. That image, when it loads, activates the plugin protection. It is also more economical to purchase than ASPS. But for "image" protection, which is what it was originally designed to do, there is no better protection because even the images stored on the server are safe from corporate staff and webmasters.
CopySafe Web Protect Options
Any web page can be capture protected by adding a small encrypted image.
Downloads & Demos
CopySafe Web software is not available for free. But CopySafe Web can be evaluated from online demos after installing the ArtistScope Web Browser.
These free add-ons will enable you to add protected images from the CMS editor:
Purchase CopySafe PDF Software
Each license includes free support and upgrades for life. The licensing for CopySafe Web Protector software is per domain to enable domain lock. The order form will automatically calculate the discount for multiple licenses.
|CopySafe Web Software||For unlimited use on a single web site||$295|
Frequent Questions and Answers
- How does CopySafe Web compare to other image protect solutions?
- Can we use a browser other than the ArtistScope web browser?
- What happens if the CopySafe plugin or ArtistScope browser is not installed?
- Your protected pages will check the user's browser and if necessary redirect them to download and install before allowing access.
- Can CopySafe Web images be distributed on disk?
- Yes. To distribute images and other media such as video and Flash on CD or USB, we recommend using the ArtistScope Portable Media solution.
- Does CopySafe Web increase the file size of the image?
- No. Although the image is encrypted to the nth level and cannot be decrypted by any application except the Copysafe Web browser plugin, the file size of the original image does not increase.
- Can CopySafe PDF documents be searched from the Internet?
- Absolutely not. The content of a CopySafe PDF document is protected and only accessible to authorized users while using the CopySafe PDF Reader which can be used to search while the document is open.
- Is CopySafe Web licensing a one-time fee or are there other costs?
- Licensing for the CopySafe Web software is a one-time fee that includes free support and plugin upgrades for life.
- What type of files can be protected by CopySafe Web?
- Any type of file that can displayed on a web page can be protected from printScreen and screen capture. However the solution is designed for images and the file types that can be encrypted include all GIF, JPG and PNG images of good quality.
- How does CopySafe Web protect web pages?
- To protect any page from PrintScreen and screen capture, simply add a small CopySafe Web image to the page. As the image loads it actions the CopySafe plugin and if no plugin support is found the user is redirected for download and install.
- Can web pages be protected form download, save and data mining?
- Yes. But only when the ArtistScope web browser is used.
- Can I use CopySafe Web in an intranet or corporate network?
- Yes. The CopySafe Web software can be purchased and licensed for "localhost" or any other web name or IP address that your intranet site uses.
- Can CopySafe Web be used in CMS like Drupal and WordPress?
- Yes and we do provide modules for all the popular CMS such as Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, Nuke and WordPress.
- Do CopySafe Web images take longer to download?
- No. However it may appear that they do because normal images start displaying before they are completely downloaded, whereas encrypted image must download first before decryption can take place. Also, normal images are usually cached so subsequent visits to the same page or pages using the same image do not need to be downloaded again.
- Can CopySafe Web images be viewed on all devices and OS such as phones?
- No. Windows is required. However Mac can install the ArtistScope Web Browser by running Windows in a Parallels partition.
- Are there plans to extend CopySafe Web support to other OS?
- Not possible. All non-Windows OS are useless for real copy protection because they cannot prevent copy at system level. Authors publishing their intellectual property for such devices do so at their own peril.
For obligation free advice about how to best protect your media, please email us describing the intended media type and your project in as much detail as possible.
ArtistScope Web Browser
ArtistScope Portable Media
ASPS Protected Hosting
ASPS Web Site Protection
Book Cover Design
CopySafe PDF Protection
CopySafe PDF DRM
CopySafe PDF DRM Server
CopySafe Web Protection