Joomla Extension for CopySafe Web Protection
Insert CopySafe Web images into Joomla using
This extension enables the insertion of CopySafe Web encrypted
images into Joomla posts and pages with "shortcode". The resulting embedded image object is supported in popular web browsers across all Windows computers from XP to the latest versions, which comprise of 92% of net users.
- Copy protect images and all other web
- Safe from Print Screen and all screen
- Encrypted images cannot be retrieved
from browser cache
- Domain locked images cannot be used
- Encrypted images stored on the server are safe
from your web host
- Encrypted images cannot be saved or scraped
CopySafe Web can be easily added to any pages or posts
created by Joomla. By adding a CopySafe Web encrypted image
to a web page using this Joomla extension, the object code and
scripts to activate copy protection are very much simplified.
How the Joomla CopySafe Extension Works
When editing a page or post, click on the [C] icon above the HTML editor toolbar to insert the
"shortcode", where the cursor was last placed in the text area. After uploading or selecting an existing image (from a previous upload), you can then nominate the security settings to use for the page or post. Different pages can use different security settings, for example, to allow the submission of web forms you may need to enable use of the keyboard.
|| Enable protection from
Print Screen and screen capture
|| Disable use of the keyboard
while the page is on display
|| Disable use of web browser
|| Prevent computers using
remote or virtual connection
| Border Frame
|| Add a border to the image
nominating frame thickness and
|| Add a clickable link to
the image and nominate target
Default Settings for this Joomla Extension
Default settings can be applied to all CopySafe Web pages and
posts. Most useful for corporate networks and others who need to
limit access to certain types of web browsers, the default
settings page allows you to nominate which ones you want to
allow. Any browsers not qualifying will be redirected. You can
also select from 3 modes which can be changed at any time:
| Demo Mode
|| Allows use of the
without requiring a CopySafe Web
|| For users licensed to
CopySafe Web software for
| Debug Mode
|| Displays the HTML for
object tag instead of displaying
* While the CopySafe Web Joomla Extension is designed for use by CopySafe Web software users, it will add a layer of protection for the page even in "demo" mode. For example, in demo mode, you still have protection from right-mouse-click, drag-and-drop and also control which web browsers can access the page.
CopySafe Web Licensing
CopySafe Web software enables the encryption of images that
invoke the CopySafe Web browser plugin when displayed to prevent Print
Screen and screen capture. When
such an image loads, it activates the plugin and when the user
closes the page, the potential to copy is restored. To fully enjoy the
protection of this solution, a domain license is required for the
software that creates the encrypted images for use on your website. Unlicensed images will not display. Nor will they invoke
the browser plugin to enable protection from Print Screen and
CopySafe Web Version Detection & Plugin Installation
When CopySafe Web is applied to a web page, a visitor gets redirected for download and install instructions if they do not have the browser plug-in installed. So as a visitor loads a CopySafe Web page, their web browser is checked for the plugin and verified if their version is current. This
Joomla extension includes everything needed for this task, including download and error pages.
CopySafe Web Insert Method
The "CopySafe Web Insert" method refers to the ability to add a small 20 x 20 pixel image to invoke the power of the CopySafe Web plugin. Thus any media can be protected from Print Screen and screen capture. So to protect embedded PDF, Flash and video in your pages and posts, all you need to do is add that small CopySafe Web image.
for All Types Of Media
Note that CopySafe Web provides the most secure all-round protection for encrypted images but when that encrypted image is merely invoking protection from Print Screen and screen capture, there will be other ways that a visitor can save your media, if you let them. For example, a video or Flash movie can still be downloaded directly because the link to your resource can be found in the page's source code. In fact, most video grabbers locate media this way.
So to protect Flash and video from direct downloads and site grabbers, your media needs to either be encrypted and domain-locked like the CopySafe Web images, or they need to be "streamed", which is performed by linking your embedded media player to the media server, instead of linking directly to static files stored in a folder on your website. "Streaming" is more secure because it does not provide a media download, but instead delivers the video in packets. Another advantage of streaming is that media servers can usually detect the speed of a user's Internet connection and adjust download and bit rates for improved viewing experience.
Automatic Sizing of Encrypted ImagesCopySafe Web encrypted images can be be displayed at their original size (calculated from the file name) or they can be rescaled by setting width and height in the shortcode. If width and height settings are left blank in the shortcode then the original image dimensions can be extracted from the file name. For example, a typical encrypted image file name might look like StarLight_0600_0400_C.class, where its width is 600 pixels and its height is 400 pixels. This WordPress plugin extracts that information from the image's file name to render the image viewer at the appropriate size. Adding with and height sizes in the shortcode will over-ride automatic sizing.
the Level of Protection on Different Pages
Full protection can include limiting the use of task bar, menus and the keyboard. On some pages, you may want to use full protection while on other pages such as web forms and mouse interactive objects; you may want to ensure that the user has full use of mouse and keyboard keys. The default settings is full-protection, so you can enable the following options by simply changing their parameters in the page's setting file from true to false.
Download For Joomla CopySafe Web
The download file below is drupal_copysafe_web.zip which
contains a file named pkg_copysafeweb.zip that Joomla
can install automatically.
Install Instructions For Joomla 3.0 and 2.5
- Download the extension to your local machine as a zip file package.
- From your Joomla site (administration) select Extensions -> Extension Manager.
- Click the Browse button and select the extension package on your local machine.
- Click the Upload File & Install button. It will say that "Installing package was successful."
- From the Extension Manager Page, click Manage on the left sidebar, then in the Search Field, Input "CopySafe" to find all the CopySafe
extensions (should see 4 items).
- Enable All the CopySafe Web extensions.
CopySafe Web Joomla Extension Modes
There are 3 mode settings to choose from in the extension's default settings:
- Demo : This option will place add a placeholder image at the designated
- Licensed : To use encrypted images that were created by the CopySafe Web
- Debug : Use this option to check the code that is added in place of the
Using the CopySafe Web Joomla Extension
1. On the edit article, click on the [C] CopySafe Image Button at the bottom of the Editor, this will open a popup window.
2. On this popup window, you can upload and embed CopySafe Web encrypted images in your current article. When inserting a protected image object, the necessary short code is automatically inserted into the post editor.
3. You can upload new image class documents or select from a list of already uploaded class files. After selecting an image class file you can then set the security options to apply to the page such as:
Note that you can only upload encrypted images that have a [.class]
file extension (see below).
- Enable or disable protection from Printscreen and screen capture
- Enable or disable the option viewing by computers using remote or virtual connections
- Enable or disable use of browser menus
- Enable or disable use of the keyboard
Until you have a CopySafe Web software license and real
encrypted images, or if you just want to use this Joomla
extension in demo mode to add protection from right-mouse click
and drag-and-drop, you can use the encrypted image included with
the download or this
one. While this 20 x 20 pixel image may not be registered
for your website on the Internet, it will function on any test
server running at localhost. When prompted to upload or select
your first image, you use this one to get started.
Managing Images Used With the Joomla CopySafe Web Extension
Encrypted images cannot be rescaled, so the images that you
upload need to already be sized to suit your project. This means
that the original images need to be scaled before conversion by
the CopySafe Web software.
CopySafe Web images can be added at the last position of the cursor
by clicking the [C] button.
Once the image is selected, you can then nominate settings to apply to this particular page or post. The above default settings are applied to all CopySafe Web pages